By Naina Sabherwal
Tick-Tock…Beep…Snooze…Sleep. Every morning is a struggle. A brawl to get up from that cozy bed, a fight to get yourself ready for the day, a nightmare to go through the whole regime of earing your livelihood, and a wretched thought that passes by the head thinking about the next day. That’s an emblematic thought for most of us living in this race of life. But wait a minute! Are these real struggles? NO! Absolutely not as intense as the ones that I have.
I go through the struggle of pacifying the Mahabharata in my head that drives me crazy anytime I need to step out of the house. The Pandavs tells me to wear something Indian because I look so grounded and elegant in it. While the Kauravas pierce through my brain telling me to be classy and carry that western dress with charm. For me dressing is all about attitude and wearing what you feel most comfortable and confident in. Stuck between these opposing parties I think to myself, why can’t I wear the best of both and mollify the thirst of both the parties in my head. That’s when the fusion of those modern prints and styles happen with my Indian wear.
With the change in fashion industry at a drastic level, fusion wear is the new trend enthralling the minds and hearts across genders and ages. A concept that lets you play around with variety of styles, colors and textures in your wardrobe when you exclaim having no more new clothes to wear for an event / outing.
I am a firm believer of playing around with minimalist components which is affordable but at the same time creating trending stories across the industries. And if you follow the same thought, please go ahead and read my favorite top 5 trends hitting the road these days and how I use them to create a different fashion story every time I look inside my wardrobe.
- Go Bold with prints: If you like prints, try Motifs and embroidery of flowers, leaf work, peacocks, and gods like Shiva or Krishan on your shirt or denim wear. Guys can team a nice trendy printed shirt with jeans while girls can experiments with skirts / palazzos or jeans.
- Accessorize it: Accessorize are one of the most enhancing elements when you try fusion wear. It helps add volume and style to even a basic plain outfit. Mix and match your dress with a classy kundan work clutch / potlie. Customize a plain top with jeans with nice bright jhumkas, oxidized bangles, neckpieces, nathanis and anklets. You’ll surely notice the heads turning your way.
- Let the shoes do the talking: Embroidered mojris, juttis and kohlapuris is the trend hitting not only runways but also the streets. A universal style that goes for every gender and with any outfit. Invest in a nice pair of indian juttis and club them with western or Indian wear.
- The desi waistcoat: With designers experimenting with various styles and textures, short embroidered jackets are making headlines across the globe. Pair a smart embroidered jacket as a blouse with high waist shorts, jeans or a long skirt. Guys can pair a nice jacket with long kurta and jeans.
- Stole it up: In winters or summers, a tasseled stole can not only act as your friend in need but also add glam to your outfit. Team it up the way you like with your jeans and skirts and enjoy fashion at your comfort.
Every day is a fashion show and the world is your runway, so go ahead, mix and match those varied collection from your wardrobe and create your own canvas of fashion art!